SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_adams3049647

THANKS FRIENDS! I THINK WE SAVED ABE!

Lisa Adams
6 years ago

I can't thank you all enough! When I asked for help with my Abraham Darby planting problem, I admit, it was a last ditch effort. I couldn't see any way to save him without digging him up. As I'm sure you could tell, it was something I was loath to do.

Thanks to all of you, Abe no longer requires daily watering, and he's not drooping. Here's what I did. I took a 4 foot piece of pipe and rammed it down under the roots and gopher cage. I then shot water into the pipe. The first try didn't work as the pipe was clogged with clay soil. I pulled the pipe back out,and dislodged the soil inside with a wire. On try #2 I constructed a sort of cap from foil. I made sure I used the same entry hole as the first time, and didn't pull back until I was in the right area. Then I pull back and forth just a bit to dislodge the foil "ball" at the top. I used a big funnel to pour a combo of moisture crystals, soil, and water into the pipe. Then I topped the area with a bunch of used coffee grounds, compliments of Starbucks, mixed with some vermiculite. Abe looks happy. I look happy. I didn't have to dig. I didn't have to pull the mom card. I can't thank you all enough! I never would have thought of this on my own. Thank you so very much!

Abraham Darby this morning. Dexter sitting between Abe and rose Cream Abundance.

Abe looks great! All these pics are all from this morning. Today my daughter and I are going to the San Diego County Fair, mostly to see the flower displays. I hope it's not too hot. I'll take some pictures. Thanks again, rose friends! Lisa

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz