SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

Hoya Patella...Bloom!

PoohBearLvr
6 years ago

just thought I would share my good luck, a Hoya Patella in bloom!

I got the plant from a hoya grower, Doug Chamberlain, he posts a lot on YouTube, and he mentioned that it wouldnt bloom/grow up in Vermont, with his other hoyas. That it needs humidity, and it was going to die. So I begged/asked for the plant, and he sent it to me. It put out new leaves, something it had not done in a LONG time he said, within like a week of being here. And then, 2 weeks later, its 1 bud came out! This Hoya he says usually only gets 1 flower per pendcule.

I am waiting to smell it, I hope tonight. I forget what it is suppose to smell like, anyone know??? And if it is at night, or daytime.

It is a nice light pink, and BIG! I have 3 new leaves on it. It must love the major humidity here in Ft.laud. I am keeping him up to date on it. He said it needs high humidity with its water, and he was having no luck, so like I said, I begged to get it, and he sent it to me. It is a small plant, but now that it is already growing, in less than 1 month, I should have some vines in a few months.

Anyone else growing this one, and have some blooming pics. to share with us here, or even plant pics. ???

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery