SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_champagne80

How long does it usually take for plants to go into transplant shock?

I transplanted marshmallow plant seedlings (althea officinalis) into the garden a week ago and they've done fine until now. There is one plant, it's one of the biggest and healthiest of them all, that's suddenly wilting. The top of the plant has fallen over and gotten "floppy". They've all got some minor leaf burn and curl but this one looks like it's dying. It was just fine yesterday! It looks like it hasn't had enough water or something but it rained quite a bit yesterday and the day before ( I didn't give them any water myself, because I knew it was going to rain). Is it possible for shock to set in a week after transplanting?? I thought that's something that happens right away. Could it be that the rain wasn't enough? The soil is very clayey but I have compost (store bought bags), pea gravel, and a little sand mixed in to help with the density. I have to save it one way or another, but I'm not sure what to do. Any ideas and thoughts about the shock thing would be great!! Thanks ~ Jen

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths