SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
triffidmoss

aaand I bought another hoya. oops.

triffidmoss
6 years ago

I know what you guys are thinking. I don't have room for some of the ones I have now but there was a reason! It's not a very good reason, but it's still a reason :D

We were having a look at some of the local nurseries today just for something to do. (as you do, lol) We went to one that we hadn't visited in a couple of months. They had a shipment of hoyas back then and I may have bought a couple.. Today I saw the ones that were left. They were outside undercover but with no shelter from the cold and it's now Winter. They all looked pretty dead. Sadly there was a beautiful big finlaysonii I talked myself out of last time because it was a bit more than I wanted to pay. It had beautiful big patterned leaves. This plant is now a big yellow and brown rotting mess :( The others left were all in the same contition (couple of tsangiis, (the hoya odette ones) and a lauterbachii.)

Then there was this one.

Now, I already have two Minibelles already and certainly don't need a third. But seeing it sit there, happy and healthy amongst the other poor dying hoyas, I couldn't leave it! Look at the happy lil guy! I saw it there last time but as I said, didn't need another one but this time I bought it, I figured it had earned it!. (also, it was cheap, lol) Plus now I know it can handle our Winters outside under cover I can keep it outside in the greenhouse where I do have room. I might even pot it up with my spare KQ and krinkles that I have stashed out there looking lonely.

It's a survivor :D

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville