SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac92

Quiet in the hawk's nest.

lindac92
6 years ago

All spring I have watched a pair of hawks from a distance, figured most likely sharp shinned or Coopers by the flight pattern. Then one came for a drink out of a plant saucer I keep filled on my deck and I got a close up and positive ID...Coopers Hawk.
By the way they chased the buzzards from roosting, I thought i knew where the nest was....meanwhile the squirrels and rabbits diminished and the sparrows became more rare and my backyard became very quiet.
But I saw no more hawk activity, partly I assumed because the trees were now fully leafed out.
Well I was talking in the driveway with my next door neighbor and she asked if I had seen the hawk's nest in a tree in her yard, different from the tree I had been watching.....she spotted it by the mess beneath.
So i have been watching the nest and see no activity and hear no baby skwaking ....but there is nothing at my feeder that is very near some bushes under a big tree.....half full of sunflowerseeds for2 weeks.
What's going on? Wouldn't the babies be noisy by now? Shouldn't I see the parents make frequent trips?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio