SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misschocolatecake

Does anyone actually LOVE their honed quartz or quartzite??

I've had shiny quartz in the past (Cambria Newport) and it was maintenance dream. But I sooooo want a honed surface this time, particularly marble, but if I am honest with myself, I am way too OCD to live with it--but I REALLY tried, I took home honed and polished samples and 30 seconds of leaving vinegar on them was enough to make me forget it. Staining was not an issue but the etching, geez now I know what everyone's talking about.

So when I saw the honed quartzes at the stone yard I fell in love. I thought they would be the perfect combo of the organic honed look I want and the ease of quartz. I don't want a faux marble looking quartz though, I am doing a modern, minimalist kitchen (walnut and white) and want a plain WHITE honed counter. (I am not interested in Corian BTW).

However...the comments on here scared me. And my test didn't go so well. The one honed quartz sample I took home was a medium grey, kind of concrete looking. Vinegar had no effect but I left some cherry juice and a strawberry slice on there for a minute and I can't scrub the stain out. Maybe if I used soft scrub gel I could but I don't use it so none on hand to try.

So is there anyone out there who is NOT having problems with their honed quartz? Is it a problem with only the darker colors? Do these issues exist with honed quartzite as well? With all the complaints about honed quartz not being maintenance free like its polished counterpart, why is it being sold?? The woman at the stone yard told me it is just as stain free as polished quartz but clearly she hasn't sold much of it. I REALLY want to have it but worried I'll be deeply regretful if I ignore the nightmare stories on here. Any guidance (AND PICS) appreciated as always :)

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County