SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

It's been a rough few weeks but I am back in the sewing room.

6 years ago

Some of you already know this. Three weeks ago, my grandson was born 3 weeks early. Today was his due date. He weighed 6 lbs 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. Soon after birth, he had some blood sugar issues and was taken to NICU for observation and IVs. Less than 24 hours later, he had a bloody diaper and was diagnosed with Necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC). He was transferred to Centennial Children's Hospital in Nashville, for their specialized NICU and went into immediate emergency surgery. The surgeon removed 60% of his small intestine. Baby James was not strong enough to recover from this awful disease. We made the decision to let him go. Baby James only lived 3 days and 3 hours.
The last thing that I was working on in the sewing room was a quilt for James. I am back in the sewing room and plan to finish that quilt and donate it to another child. I have other stuff to work on, as I know I cannot stay focused on that one quilt for any length of time. While in the NICUs, I witnessed some of the small quilts and coverlets that have been donated by other quilters. I also know that Sharon often makes and donates them. I plan to start doing that myself and I challenge all of you to do the same.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting