SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

Please help me finalize my cabinet hardware mix

caligirl5
6 years ago

Hey folks, I'd like your opinions on my plan for cabinet hardware.

I really appreciate the feedback I got from a previous thread [here[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/kitchen-is-so-plain-please-help-me-with-hardware-dsvw-vd~4657520). I'm 95% sure I'm going to switch to 5 piece shaker, inset drawers from the partial overlay in the pics (~$400 + labor to go from mehh to ahhh is worth it to me). For hardware, I keep coming back to these same pulls, with cabinet latches for some cabinets. I'm having trouble deciding which of the uppers cabinets get pulls and which get latches. All things equal, I prefer pulls over knobs for functionality, but I'm wondering if incorporating knobs would help.

I'd do pulls on the drawers, sink doors (not installed yet), and cabinets flanking the range.

• What would you put above the range hood? I was thinking latch because it would be a lightly used cabinet, but I'm wondering if a latch would look out of place since it would be the only latch on this run.
  • Sink will have a trash pull out on the left. Would you do horizontal pulls (like most trash pull out) or vertical pulls (like most cabinet doors)

Here I was thinking mostly latches except for the corner cab and the pantry cab lower door:

• Would you do a pull on the pantry upper door too?
  • What about the appliance garage?

There's a laundry area to the left in the first photo, which will have stacked upper cabinets with latches. I know it sounds weird, I couldn't get a pic due to the light this time of day, and cabinets aren't completely installed anyways.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts