SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dendritic

Are my pepper plants okay? Leaf curling/stunted growth?

Amy (NE Ohio)
6 years ago

Hello,

I have 4 pepper plants that I'm worried about. I'm new to gardening, so I hope I'm just worrying over nothing! The newer leaves on them are shriveled up, and they haven't put on any new growth in quite a while...well over a week. I thought the shriveling may have been caused by leaving them in the sun too long while hardening off, but I don't know. And those are flower buds on them, right? Those have been there at least since I transplanted them on June 2 (10 days ago)... seems like those would have opened up by now. I have other pepper plants in my raised bed that are doing fine, so I'm not sure what's going on with these guys. ...and I'm extra concerned because they are plants for a citizen science project on pollination!

I don't know what kind of peppers they are other than "bell peppers". The university sent me the seeds in a ziploc bag. The plants haven't been fertilized, the experiment instructions say not to do so. I don't see any insect pests on them.

So do these guys have any chance? Maybe I could top them? I have 4 other small seedlings that I never transplanted, so I can try to find some room for them if I need to. Or maybe they're fine and I don't need to worry?

Any help is appreciated!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?