SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vicki_mm

Ugh, Did I just plant these two trees too close together?!

VLM
6 years ago

Mother's Day gift from my daughters - an avocado tree! Already fruited, delivered and planted. Amazing gift - delivered today. It's a Lamb Haas (Type A) and I decided to buy a small Zutano (Type B) to help my Haas pollinate. I marked the spot with little flags, but now I'm wondering if the trees are too close. I asked the guys planting; they said it was fine. (I also think when I asked, the hole was dug and they probably didn't want to dig another hole).

See photo below, but there is 9' between a dwarf orange and the Lamb Haas, and 8' between the Haas and the Zutano, then 12' between the Zutano and the wall.

I can dig up the Haas and move it forward on the grass to put 12' between them all, but then the tree is basically in the middle of the grass area. I can do that if I have to. Should I? I know...I know...I should have asked this question yesterday. Story of my life. I don't know the paint is the wrong color til it's up on the wall, even after I've painted a dozen sample colors on it. Anyway, thanks for any advice. Not sure I should believe the guys who planted it, since I've read they need more room. But with just two, is it necessary?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Swimming Pool Builders in Licking County, OH