SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chelsea_ferguson89

Rust, sunburn, or something else? Help please!

Chelsea Ferguson
6 years ago

I live in ohio, zone 6. I have two sedum hybrid plants in the ground outside that I'm having a problem with. I have other ones in the same garden bed doing just fine. The area that I planted them in gets basically full sun, besides the earlier morning. I only water them when the soil becomes dry, which is about every 5 days or so. I recently moved into this house and everything was highly over grown besides the area by the house that had very poor soil. When I first moved in about 10 months ago, I had taken manure, some organic materials, and some soil and used a rottotiller mixing all that up. When planting my succulents and sedums in the garden, I was sure to mix in some fine gravel and peat moss into the area where the would be planted to help with drainage. Then I planted them with succulent and cactus soil. I have the mulch pulled away plenty from the roots of the plant. I just don't know what this could be on them. It's kinda scale like, but not the bug scale. It's kinda like a thin crispy coating, that's brownish beige and can be shiny. It not just on the top of the leaves, it's on the under side of them and the steam as well.

Comments (7)