SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adri16579

Help with stressed Orange tree

adri16579
6 years ago

Hello everyone,

As of a couple weeks ago, my orange tree started sprouting new growth from almost every branch. The tree looked very healthy and seemed to be heading in the right direction.

Then, a few things happened:

-We had a lot of rain. The tree is kept indoors, but the humidity was really high.

-The temperature increased a fair amount over the last couple days.

- I noticed a few of (what appear to be) fungus gnats flying around some herbs I have inside. I moved the herbs outside, but a couple have continued to hang around my orange tree. I saw some climbing around in the soil and set out vinegar near the plant. Then treated the soil with diluted hydrogen peroxide. I also removed the top layer of "soil" and replaced it with new perlite/bark. - I did not water this new soil

- number of gnats around the plant definitely seems to have decreased.

- when I got home from work today, I saw that the new growth on the tree are cupping upwards and a few are looking somewhat wavy. I did some research and it seemed that people with leaves looking similarly to mine were needing to water. I thought this made sense given the removal of soil and then not watering it. Now I'm pulling my hair out because it seems that other people think it's a sign of over watering. Which I'm thinking is probably more likely in hindsight.

I guess I'm wondering how I go about reversing this issue? Wait it out? Is something else at play?

Comments (2)