SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jhiteiv

Brown & Yellow Spots on Euphorbia (Trigona?)

John H
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I purchased this Eurphorbia (trigona?), at a yard sale 1 year ago. It had a little bit of damage when purchased, but it seemed on the mend. Once home, we kept it in our garage for a few days where it was around 90F. We then brought inside where it was 68F - 71F and in a living room with two windows facing Southwest. It sprouted a few new "leaves" during this period. Over the winter, we moved it to some different places in the room, but the general condition and location stayed the same.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I brought it outside on the patio around 1-2pm where it was in direct sunlight and probably 80F-85F. I also gave it a good watering (maybe too much?). I normally only give it a few ice cubes when it's indoors so it doesn't look on the wood floors. About 1-2 weeks after it was outside that day, I noticed a little brown and yellow spot. A few days later, there seem to be more... They are not soft or "dead" feeling, but it looks bad. From reading everyone's reviews and tips, I think repotting may be in order? The problem is, I'm a complete novice and probably shouldn't even be given such a beautiful succulent to be responsible for... ie. Do home improvement stores have purchase-able "succulent potting soil", or is this something I'll need to piece together on my own?

Oh also, I live in Tennessee. Winter can get down to -5F and summers can get up to 105F. Broad range...

Thanks! This community has already been extremely helpful. Just a week ago I thought I owned a cactus....

Comments (10)