SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ty_constantine

Should we paint these kitchen crowns to match the trim?

Ty Constantine
6 years ago

I'm struggling with this...
Kitchen cabinets are BM White Chocolate. The crown molding going around the entire room is the same color, and it goes over the cabinets in some places, and over the wall in other places. (Walls are SW Balmy by the way, light blue).
The problem is, the other trim (over the various doorways, and the baseboards) are SW Westhighland White, and as you can see in the photo, where the crown gets close to the trim, they clash. The crown starts to look beige and dirty.
So what should I do? My ideal solution would be to paint the cabinets AND the crown in Westhighland White, and just have it all match. That's a fairly big project though, and not one we have time for before we move in in a few days.
One thing I was considering is painting the crown Westhighland White only in the areas where it's not on the cabinets, and leave the cabinet crown in White Chocolate. Of course, there will be areas where these intersect, mostly in inside corners. Would that look ridiculous?
Only other options I think of are 1. leave it alone, and 2. paint all the crown in Westhighland White, even over the cabinets, but then I'm worried it'll clash with the cabinets... Open to suggestions!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21