SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misplacedtxgal

An new option has opened to me - Need Overall Layout Advice

misplacedtxgal
6 years ago

This is a second home. I will probably never cook elaborate meals here. We will grill outside, mix drinks, make simple snacks, salads, sides etc. Most of the time it will be just me in the kitchen, but if the kids arrive with their families then there will be many hands. Below is the design I thought I was stuck with. I'm not thrilled with the dead wall to the left.

And now due to finding flooring to match I can consider a U Shape. Would that work better for this space??

Here is the first floor layout so you can see how the kitchen relates to the rest of the house which is very open concept. Pantry shown above bathroom is now gone, so I will need a small pantry of some sort.

Please let me know your thoughts on what type of plan would work better for my space keeping in mind my tightening budget. I've looked at this so many times my mind is numb! I welcome your thoughts! And I will welcome all of your great ideas for individual items when I get back from vacation (when I've promised the carpenter an answer to this, ha! )

Thanks, Kay

Comments (10)