SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikerno_1micha

What is your favorite color rose? Do you grow only fragrant ones?

myermike_1micha
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I was wondering if you have a favorite color and if anyone here only makes room for fragrant ones? The more fragrant the better?

I have been gravitating towards 'yellow' ones and then next to that 'white or off white' ones..

Seems that red does not interest me until I bought a Mr. Lincoln the other day and when the sun reflects of that one. It's just beautiful! Red is nice too.

I don't have much room in my yard for more roses nor more than a few dozen at a time, so I have chosen to buy only 'fragrant' ones since just about every plant I grow has to have some sort of fragrance..The stronger the better.

Does anyone know of a 'rose' in which the fragrance wafts a distance? My potted dark purple petunias do at least a few feet away from them. There has to be a rose bush that does that.Seems like everyone I have other than the 'Rugosa' kind does not unless you almost put your nose in them..I was walking through the nursery today where they were selling tons of different rose bushes and I could smell nothing in the air that drew me to a certain rose bush except for the rugosa ones..

Mike

Comments (18)