SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scotty_baker

Need ideas for a farmhouse style dining table update.

Scotty Baker
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello Houzz Community,

I have never posted before but have always found the forums to be helpful.

Anyways, I have my partners late mothers tile top dining room table that he does not want to part with. Unfortunately he had already jumped the gun and ripped all the tiles out, before thinking the project was too much work for him, so for the last year I've had a table with no tiles and a table cloth over it to hide it

We are moving to a new home in a few weeks and I really want to get this piece back in some decent shape so I can proudly use it. I will be going for a neutral MCM/Rustic/Farmhouse vibe throughout the home and really want to update the table to give it that rustic, farmhouse look. He will not let me paint the bottom half so I would like to leave that part as is. I do not think I want to re-tile it either and had the idea of just piecing together a new wood top and painting that white?

I cant seem to find any examples of this, which is leading me to think it may be a dumb idea. I was hoping y'all could give me some ideas on how you might remedy the situation. The table top measures 66x39 inches and it has a middle leaf but I may just casually forget about that. Thank you!

And sorry for the bad photo, it was the only one I could find on my phone while at work. :)

Comments (20)