SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karyn_gw

Media center wall ideas

karyn
6 years ago

We just moved into this house and finally everything in our great room is delivered and set up. Before anything, some notes about what you see since it's kind of a wide angle photo -

1. 12' ceilings (5' open above the TV before reaching moldings)

2. This is a 70" TV even though it looks tiny. The top of it is 6.5' high. The "dead space" above it looks bigger in the photo than in person.

3. The media center is 7' long

4. The distance from the subwoofer to the wall is 3' - to the right an alcove leading to the master BR. If I can find a table that can straddle the subwoofer great otherwise.... To the LH an angled wall (bookcase w/knick knacks)

5. While this piece is modernish, the decor trend I'm going for is British Colonial (World)

6. The chest on the LH side is antique hand carved Camphorwood (not used as a table) - I have a larger wicker chest that I could swap in it's place but that's not a table either.

7. The current space on either side of the media center is where I thought - maybe tall artificial bamboo or palm plants?

It was suggested once before to put a line of photos up either side. I'm thinking that would just continue the modern media center piece outward, so it's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm just searching for ideas.... I would have gone with a seagrass wallpaper but that might shrink the room visually, which is already cramped.

Comments (10)