SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
benita_carvalho

Second water source on the same sink - how to pull it off?

Jade BR
6 years ago

So, I posted this first on the plumbing forum:

"So I have bought my kitchen faucet: https://www.build.com/kohler-k-99259/s1087923?uid=2612768

My sink is Kohler white heaven 30" and even though I looked at the faucets with side spray option, at the end I decided for a single hole faucet "all in one" type because I prefer it in the day to day life.

However, I would love to have an independent side spray installed or maybe a small basic faucet (in a nutshell, a second water source) on the same sink. The reason I would like that is because on those occasion where there are 2 or more people cooking and prepping at the same time, just one water source in the kitchen can be very frustrating.

I have family and friends come to visit often (and they love to cook too - I am lucky!) and for the holidays as well. In and ideal world, I would have a prep sink separately but I don't have the space for this.

Is this kind of thing done? Is it possible from a plumbing perspective?"

And Sammy immediately posted that is not only possible but it is done all the time and posted a picture to illustrate it:

So, now that I know it is possible I would like to know how can I pull this off. Is there a minimum sink size that requires this to look ok? Mine is 30".

Which size should the second faucet be in relation to the sink size and the main faucet size/height?

I am guessing both faucets should have the same finish right?

Comments (13)