SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silkies

Need Help Choosing Wall Colors for Staging to Sell

silkies
6 years ago

Hello, I'm seeking advice for wall colors to help sell soon. We have dark bamboo floors, a brownish black with a tinge of violet. We have 10 ft. ceilings and large windows. It's somewhat open concept (the kitchen and family room are open) with a dining room and living room flanking the main entry foyer. They have 1 foot moldings. The west/north facing living room has off-white walls with a pinky undertone. The dining room has a soft golden beige. It has a modern cherry table and chairs. The family room/kitchen area are staying Benjamin Moore White Dove. The kitchen cabinets are white and the backsplash a glass aqua green. There are two soft greige sofas and no window covering and a little teal accents. My question: What color to paint the west/north facing living room that gets some light but has only a bright sea blue sofa in it? Should I replace the sofa? Or paint the walls a grey green to pull out those big moldings? Or a deep shade to make a dramatic effect as one enters the stark white foyer? Should the dining room with molding and its half wall of white woodwork be a dramatic rich green or ???I will try to post photos later...but basically talking big volume rooms with little furniture, dark floors with a slight violet tinge and a lot of white in cabinets and molding etc.

Comment (1)