SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluebell66

Ideas Needed for Planting Along Front Walk

Bluebell66
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

This is our second spring/summer in our current home, and we would like to start making changes to the landscape as what is here has gotten overgrown and scraggly. If anyone has suggestions for what we could do, I would love to hear them!

Zone is 5b and closest major city is Grand Rapids, MI. This area gets shade in the morning and strong afternoon sun. Looking for something simple and willing to do maintenance. I enjoy gardening and know a lot about plants, however, landscaping is not my forte.

My primary concern is the area between the walk and garage, and the island where the lamp post is. We will worry about the front of the house maybe next year, although I'm open to ideas for that, too, if something comes to mind.

The area to the left of the sidewalk is about 30' long. At its widest, toward the front, it's about 10' deep. The end toward the front door is about 4' deep. The lamp post island is about 8' deep and 10' wide.

The first picture is from the real estate listing 2 years ago, since then we haven't done anything except remove the annuals that were there for that summer, and also removed the hosta from the light post island as that is full sun.

The three big meatballs are boxwoods that have probably reached the end of their useful existence. The big scraggly thing at the front of the garage is a rose bush, although it didn't have any blooms the last two years.

All ideas will be gratefully accepted and carefully considered. Thank you!

My Pics · More Info

My Pics · More Info

My Pics · More Info

My Pics · More Info

Comments (4)