SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kath0507

Help with plant placement and curb appeal

Kathryn M
6 years ago

We recently ripped out fitzers that ran along the front of the house and now are trying to figure out what to do instead. The house faces north and gets morning sun but then a good amount of shade the rest of the day. I'm hoping to get some advice on what to do with the new things I have so far and what I can add (or take away!).

Moving from the back of the design to the front, what you can see in the pictures are 5 red twig dogwoods, 6 boxwoods, a few pink astilbe, a daphne carol mackie on the left, a limelight hydrangea on the right, some corral bells and the little ornamental grasses.

I'd like a design that is lush and doesn't feel too chaotic, and am not sure how to get there. I'd be fine returning any of the smaller plants (corral bells, grasses), and have thought about switching the limelight hydrangea for a smaller Little Lime. I plan to put some kind of groundcover under the tree (but am open to other suggestions).

Do you like the red accents from the corral bells? Would you get more boxwoods? How would you place these plants to make it feel unified (in straight rows? Staggered? Grouped?) and what would you add? Thanks for any advice you have!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting