SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sd2102

Prayer plant (maranta) with yellow leaves

sd2102 (8b PNW)
6 years ago

I've done some searches on this forum but haven't found a good answer for this issue.

I've had this prayer plant for over a month. A couple of days ago I noticed a yellow leaf underneath the other leaves and I noticed that another leaf was brown on its tip. I cut off the yellow leaf and just noticed yesterday that the leaf with the brown tip is completely yellow now. There are still new leaves coming out, and they're all green. I don't know if the plant is unhappy or if these are just older leaves that are slowly dying.

When I looked at it again this morning I see that 2 other leaves now have brown tips.

It's a few feet away from an east facing window where it gets good morning/early afternoon light and in well draining potting mix. I've been careful to let it dry out a bit but not completely and I water it enough that some water drains out the bottom (which I empty out). It's not soggy after being watered. As summer approaches the humidity is naturally starting to increase in our place.

Here are two pictures of the leaf and the plant itself. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks!

Comments (3)