SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sophannah

Advice with an edible planter

Sophannah
6 years ago

I haven't posted on here for a few months, it's been great having the weather to get back out into the garden

I have a 6x4 foot planter, which I was considering growing edibles in. Well it is more for my girls really, to get them more involved with growing veggies and fruits . This is our first year growing our own edibles, and I have no clue really where to start.

Ive been reading about companion planting, and I think I've gone and confused myself even more.

So far in the greenhouse our eating crops are growing well. Currently we have tomato plants, strawberries , pumpkins , onions and peppers.

My question is, would they be compatible in my planter together and what other info should I be armed with? Very varied question I know, but I don't want to plant them to be destroyed by bugs n pests, Which would put my girls off trying again, I guess I'm the same as everyone on here....I just want it to be a bit of a success. Do I need to treat the soil, add bone meal etc? Any helpful advice to get us started would be very much appreciated.

Apologies again, for my clueless questions.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource