SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neogitus2

Tomato seedling leaves curling down

neogitus2
7 years ago

Hey, sorry if this has been posted before, have been looking for info and cant find any that relates to my plants.

I started my tomatoes in a paper towel after soaking them for a few hours and within 2 days had 100% germintion. I planted them in moist jiffy pellets and all of them popped up. Things seemed to be going well but after about a week or 2 of growing in the pellets some of the types of tomatoes' leaves started to curl inward. At first I thought I was over watering it so I let some dry out, still no changes. I have transplanted a lot of them into new pots and watered those (red cups with holes in bottom) and they don't seem to be getting better. Is it some kind of deficiency? They've gotten their light so far from sitting in front of a window, is that enough? I do realize they bend to find light which is fine but some of the leaves are so bent down that the tips are almost touching the stem. Some of the plants started doing this before I even moved them from the jiffy pellet to the solo cup. Even 2 of my watermelon plants have slumped over looking dead and have leaves fall off. I am using pro mix potting soil for veg.

If I need to provide more info or pictures please let me know, and I appreciate any help that can be given to help my tomatoes recover before they go outside in a few weeks.

Comments (9)