SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monika_beckmann

Landscape fixes for new homeowner. Zone 6a

Monika Beckmann
6 years ago

Hi. I bought my first house 2 years ago. Mostly worked on inside but I did plant several trees in front and backyard in Oct 2015 . This year I would like to work more on outside

Main project will be replacing the sea of gravel that is my driveway with concrete paver drive (thinking two strips with grass in between) and beds for plants between house and pavers. There is plenty of room but the previous owner just covered all of it with gravel and called it a day!

In the front yard they did some landscaping but it looks ...mishmashed. The slope up to house with front steps has an enormous juniper on one side and too tall zebra grass and barberry in pattern (I hate this most of all) on the other side . The need for some masonary work under front porch gave me an excuse to remove a very deep, square boxwood hedge. I am not sure what to do with this area

I like to be in the garden but have no sense of design whatsoever :) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am in NJ, Zone 6a. The driveway is on the south side of the house, the front of the house faces west. Side is in sun all day and the front gets hottest afternoon sun, except the corner of the yard behind the pines.

Attached are photos from a few angles in front and side. Let me know if I should take different pictures.

Thanks in advance

Monika

Comments (4)