SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbrad

Marvin Integrity vs Sun Aluminum Clad vs Jeld Wen Premium Vinyl

dbrad
6 years ago

New construction in SC (not coastal). Framing begins next week and we need to pick windows. We've been leaning toward Jeld Wen's premium vinyl all along mainly because everyone around here carries them, and the price vs value argument is strong with their premium line in our opinion. I've seen what everyone in here has to say about Jeld Wen, but they just seem to have a grip on the vinyl market around here. MI Windows is also a vinyl option here but I've not priced them yet because no one seems to have a sample on hand.

So here are my quotes (have multiple quotes for both Integrity & Jeld Wen - these are just the ones we'd most likely select based on price/installer/etc):

• Jeld Wen Premium Vinyl Single Hung $14,000 (DH vs SH means very little to us)
  • Marvin Integrity Ultrex Clad Double Hung $20,000 (plus $2300 for painted interior)
  • Sun Aluminum Clad Double Hung $18,500 (plus $4,000 for painted interior)

We will likely also change out a few of these windows for casements but I didn't get them into the first set of quotes and wanted to compare them fairly. I'm anticipating +$100 or so per window that we upgrade to casements, but I'm hoping that cost is relatively consistent between brands so I don't have to refresh everyone's quotes just for that.

At first glance the Sun quote is decent, but that upcharge for painted interior is a killer! I don't yet know what our painters would charge to paint 35 windows but it probably wouldn't be cheap, nor as high quality as the window factory.

Comments (14)