SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greengrigg

Plant noobie seeking palm plant advice!

greengrigg
6 years ago

Hi guys

This is my first post! I am a very new plant owner with little to no background knowledge on plants. I bought this lovely indoor palm plant (not 100% what name of plant is) about 18 months ago. It has three main stalks (if that's correct terminology?) with lots of leaves growing off them. It did really well in first 6 mo-1 year. I even had to repot it into a new, bigger plant pot. However in last 6 months some the leaves started to go brown and die. I had to remove one stalk altogether and last week removed the other. Now there is only one remaining! My questions are:

- What it best way to keep these plants alive and healthy? I kept it not in the window but in a room with good sunlight. I didn't water as much as I should have (every 10-14 days or so) and I used diluted fertiliser occasionally too.

- Will any new stalks regrow? It looks a bit sparse having one branch in the big old pot. Can I grow a new palm plant along with it in the same pot? Or shall I move it into a smaller pot altogether?

Thank you in advance for your advice!

Georgia

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths