SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
estherb2

The 3 hostas which are MIA are presumed dead

I dug around the planting sites of Mellow Mood, Sparkler, and High Society. There was NOTHING. No remnants of pips, roots, nada. So after speaking with Rob at Hostaguy, it looks like I need 3 new additions to my garden.

I gave Sparkler 2 tries, and as much as I love it, I'm not going to give it a third. So, for Sparkler, does anyone have experience with Surprised By Joy, Peanut or Teeny Weeny Bikini? I also have Little Treasure in around the same area and don't want to have 2 that look too much alike.

I am surprised that High Society did not come back. Should I give that a second try, or substitute Royal Tiara?

As for Mellow Mood, since very few places offer it for sale, I'm assuming it's not a good doer and that's why. As a substitute for Mellow Mood, does anyone have experience with Hideout or Virginia Reel?

Thanks. I have been hit by a bunch of co-op assessment expenses (they put new boilers in all the buildings, charging us $500 apiece, for example) and so my budget for new hostas has taken a real hit. Therefore, I want to make sure any new hostas are good doers before ordering!

Comments (5)