SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tony_paulauskis

Pavers vs stamped concrete

Tony Paulauskis
7 years ago

I posted this in the remodeling forum but this was more suited Imo, apologize if double posting isn't allowed.

So, Im very surprised in the extreme difference in price between the two. I have about 2800 sqft of old boring concrete for my driveway and pool deck. I have a quote for stamped concrete (tear out and replace current concrete than stamp) OTD of about 28k, or around $10 per sqft Including a monolithic slab around the pool deck since the pool while in ground is raised out of the ground about 2 feet for fema flood zoning, then 6 6 foot and 1 8 foot set of concrete steps formed into the slab.

I just got a paver quote today from the same company thats doing the entire landscaping job for the front and back yard. The same sqft only difference is they are doing a paver coping (where as with stamped were leaving the coping alone) and doing a retaining wall with same size steps on the side of the pool instead of the monolithic slab. Their price was around 48k or about $17 per sqft and that doesn't include demo as they would go over the existing concrete around the pool and I would hire a third party set of labor workers to rip out the driveway. Are pavers really that much more expensive these days? Or should I get another paver quote? I was always of the opinion that pavers were about 2-3 dollars more per sqft vs stamped, But maybe IM wrong IDK. Even with the increased price I'm still leaning towards pavers. IM just trying to avoid getting screwed. Thanks!

Comments (3)