SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jerlane

Is this the one??? (Mont Blanc Quartzite)

jerlane
6 years ago

As many others on this board have done, we've been searching high and low for the right countertops, hoping to find the unicorn carrara marble look alike. We went into the process planning to go with fantasy white which we have on a bathroom vanity in our current home. After reading here and other places about the truth behind fantasy which, we have had to find something else.

We've considered snowflakes, thunder white, viscon white, aspen white, and others. I think we finally have our winner: Mont Blanc Quartzite! We found a really beatiful piece that I think will be the one. We got a sample from the supplier (not from this slab, but hopefully the same material). It scratched glass and didn't stain or etch with ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, or tomato sauce.

I think we've done our homework and have a winner. Can anyone think of a reason not to pull the trigger? Should we push to test this actual slab? I'm not sure how we could do that. We really don't want to have any regrets down the road. FWIW, this piece will go on our island. We're planning on contrasting with honed opalescence for the perimeter counters.

Thanks for the help!

Comments (5)