SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biondanonima

Drowning in ONE type of hosta - ID help?

The former owner of my home clearly loved hostas, and I am just now finding out how much. They are popping up EVERYWHERE - full sun, full shade, rocky slope, border beds, side yard, you name it, I have a hosta there. I have counted around 35 separate plants and I may have more hiding! The problem is, now that they are starting to leaf out, it looks as though they are ALL the same variety. Can anyone help with an ID? I doubt very seriously they are anything unusual - probably a bulk Home Depot purchase. Unfortunately I don't have any photos of them blooming (nor do I know what color the flowers are). Here are some photos from this morning:

These are all lovely, mature plants (many with over 100 buds!) and seem to love my soil, but I truly don't know why anyone would want so many of the same thing. There are some that are planted in inconvenient locations so those will definitely be moved, but others may have to go just so I can make room for some other types of plants. So, does anyone need a hosta? Because I've got a feeling I'm going to be handing them out like candy!

Comments (19)