SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

What Roses Do You Wish You'd Never Bought?

In my case, I'm not even talking about all the roses in the past that I've kicked to the curb for valid and sometimes not so valid reasons. They probably, and sadly, number in the hundreds. No, I'm talking about the roses that I've put in over the last year or two, thinking that these would finally, finally be the right roses because I had learned so much and was so much smarter about which roses to choose. Hah! If only it were so.

Blush Noisette - lovely but such messy, short-lived blooms and probably will be too large for its space. I would now choose Mrs. Wood's Lavender-Pink Noisette.

Aloha- a spiny, naked and stiff plant which will hopefully improve with age. I would try to find something with fewer and smaller spines and more supple canes.

Charles Darwin - I have two, and the young canes are burning and the blooms frying in less than a day. I wanted a soft yellowish color. I would probably choose Lady Hillingdon instead.

Mme. Antoine Mari - everyone raves about this rose but I find it to be so-so. Perhaps it will improve with time. It looked fabulous in Melissa in Italy's garden in a picture I saw years ago.

Annie Laurie McDonnell - it never took off, is still tiny and I haven't seen any buds this spring.

Love Song - did not flourish, don't know why. I really had hopes for this one.

Carefree Beauty - never took off, blooms were meh.

Please make me feel better by discussing your "mistakes".

Mrs. Wood's Lavender-Pink Noisette

Comments (79)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus