SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rocknroses

Let's Share Whole Bush Pictures

These aren't perfect, I know, but I've tried my best to capture these plants in full bloom. And please forgive the lack of neatness -- my garden looks like Martha Stewart's blew up!

Darcey Bussell:

Munstead Wood. I call this "the jungle." All of those purple blooms are on this one plant -- which is also potted, although I don't think for very long!

Queen of Sweden, looking very hedge-y. Always a pleasure (though not always in bloom). Apologies for washed-out color; they are properly apricot.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I think she wants to climb .. look at the way she's cascading off to the left. I'm looking into getting a trellis for her. Her stems are awfully thin and weak, though -- is that typical? She's not yet in full bloom, but getting there.

Finally, Tranquillity, with focus issues but you can see the whole bush. It's just starting its third year -- barely escaped being SP'd last year for diseases and the flowers' icky smell (eau de catbox). This year, she's reformed. The flowers smell a little better, too. I just love red and white together, so that's Munstead on her left.

Comments (96)