SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tara_snow

Need help with layout of master and common bathroom

Tara S
7 years ago

We are combining two bathrooms to make one large bathroom, which will be for DD and guests. We are also adding a new master bath and walk in closet. I was hoping for a five piece bath in each (shower and separate tub) and double sinks. The drawing the architect included only a five piece bath in the combined bathroom. This included him moving the existing bathroom door and cutting off part of the existing built in linen closet (circa 1920). This is a non-starter as the linen closet would never survive being cut into. Also, the corner of the closet is curved and is such a beautiful detail I wouldn't want to lose it I would rather not have the separate shower. The room is big (13'5" x 8'2") If the door is left where it is, can anyone come up with a layout to fit my wish list? I have whited out his placement on of the fixtures on the drawing and moved the door back to where it currently exists, so you can see what we are working with.

Also, with the master bath he says we can't fit a tub. I left the placement as he has it but this part is a new section to the house so there is more freedom to move things around. Though he says I should keep the toilet where he has it located since it will simplify the plumbing. I drew the window where he has the vanities (outside of house would look weird without it). Also, I suggested pocket door into closet as I think the way he has it there is a great deal of lost space. Any thoughts suggestions would be so appreciated.

Comments (4)