SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_15641057

KAW : Holy Cheesecake, Batman!

User
7 years ago

Yes, tis Cheesecake time....again :P

Last night I made (by request) Pumpkin Cheesecake. Now, it cracked, but that is because I followed part of the directions on the recipe I found and did not cook it like "I" would normally cook it.

Tip here... when they crack, just cut along the cracks and serve in pieces instead of whole and they never know.. lol

I ALSO made a "regular NY Style cheesecake. That one did NOT crack, although it is slightly brown up top... normal.. because I was also frying catfish and stuff and let it go like 5 minutes longer than I wanted.. heh

BUT.. it looks and tastes normal, I just like it ALL white on top. a slight caramel edging is normal in most cases and.. no crack ;)

So.. what did YOU cook last night?

(the pumpkin was done in an electric oven)

First picture is the pumpkin NY style cheesecake.. second is a horrible picture of the standard cheesecake.. identical except for the orange.. heh

third is of the chicken and hushpuppies... the catfish was last and for me.. .:P

last is because I love coffee cups!

R

BONUS PICTURE!!

GOOD MORNING HOUZZ!!

No... that was the old house ;)

Russ

Comments (10)

• leela4
    7 years ago

Oh, hush puppies. Be still, my heart.

User thanked leela4
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Jalapeno ones, in fact... quite tasty ;)

R

• Cheryl Hewitt
    7 years ago

So.. what did YOU cook last night?

I thought I was cooking so I'd have some handy low carb things on hand to grab for lunches this week, but the family descended like a swarm of locust and there wasn't much left afterwards. LOL

Italian Meatloaf
    Sausage & Kale Zuppa Toscana
    Curried Chicken
    Chopped Caprese Salad
    Mocha Fluff

Usually I'm not this messy of a cook, but I was crunched for time so I left everything hanging out. I had been out of town for four days, had a new cookbook, and felt compelled to be in my kitchen. The family was out of the house and it felt good to be back in the kitchen!

Sausage & Kale Zuppa Toscana in the pot on the left and the beginning of Curry Chicken on the right.

The 13-year-old begged me to go back to the store for more caprese ingredients so he could take it for his lunch today. I was tempted, but I didn't cave. He'll get to have it again next weekend and I'll plan accordingly so he can take some for his lunch next Monday.

User thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • blfenton
    7 years ago

I cooked leftover salmon and shrimp and gnocchis with homemade tomato sauce.

User thanked blfenton
  • User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I have some very sad news....

Not sure how to say this.. it is.. painful...

I left the house and forgot to bring any of the cheesecake with me....

I know! .. heartbreaking.. I had already sliced off 4 pieces and put them in a nice container to share...

Thank goodness I set it all back in the fridge..

I need a moment of silence...

R

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I love salmon and shrimp! I had some shrimp but we had too much of the other stuff.

Cheryl - you have a problem in that kitchen.... I am not there to help.. you know.. clean up the food.. lol

• User
    Original Author
    7 years ago

YUM!

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    7 years ago

I have no pics, so maybe it didn't happen, but the most I've made in the last week is 8 batches of biscuits, and 2 gallons of sausage gravy. Both of my (divorced) parents had surgery last week--one scheduled, one emergency--and they both requested biscuits and gravy for homecoming meals. I made enough to keep both them, and my kids, happy for a few days. I've been grinding pork loin and adding my own spices to make an almost greaseless approximation of heart-healthier sausage. Follow-up doctor visits are this week, and my yard is a mess, so I might not cook again until Easter.

Love the coffee cups.

• townlakecakes
    7 years ago

Boohoo. I want to cook.

I've seen the hot cross buns st the grocery store, but in England the cross isn't icing, it's a paste that goes on before the bake and then gets crusty. And English DH wants the real thing! sherri, yours look good to me though. I don't mind the icing myself! It makes it more like a cinnamon roll

Cheryl, good to see your kitchen in heavy use! Look at that blue. So pretty.

Russ, where's the lemon blueberry cheesecake for spring?

Mama, that's a lot of biscuits! I've been tempted to do them in the toaster oven but I'm not sure how well they'd turn out. I'm afraid the tops would burn.