SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackson2348

At last, reveal-beach house kitchen remodel

jackson2348
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Finally! I think we are as done as we ever will be with our gut remodel on our cottage at the beach. House was built in 2002, we bought it in 2011. The kitchen was not terrible, but lacked decent storage, and was dark dark dark.

Everything went. I worked for a long time on various floor plan options, and stayed pretty much the same :) We're on a slab, and trenching to add a prep sink in the island wasn't worth the cost imo. We did have to trench to run electric (seriously no electric in the island?!?!) but that was shallow.

we added about 4-5 feet to the length of the stove/fridge run by removing the useless black hole closet pantry. The biggest difference maker was adding 2 windows flanking the range hood. Also made the island longer with seating on 2 sides. Got rid of uppers, changed lights to led, and added 3 new 4" cans over work spaces. HUGE difference.

Sources:

cabinets-custom, local cabinet maker. They did AWESOME. White is BM Simply White, island is a grey stain on oak, I sent them pics and they did samples until I was happy.

Counter-MSI Calico white

backsplash-fireclay 4x8 Hawaiian blue (my favorite thing!)

fridge and DW are Kitchenaid, range is bosch, my drawer is sharp. hood is a random off brand, I'm not thrilled with the performance, but you get what you pay for.

Sink ruvati single bowl (HUGE) and faucet is delta essa with touch2o.

ETA: I've now built 2 houses and gut remodeled 1 kitchen in the last 10 years with gardenweb. They wouldn't be nearly as functional or pretty without your input! Thank you all

Comments (53)