SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kenwilkinson007

K&M visit and 16 rose's that jumped into my buggy

Ken Wilkinson
7 years ago

Debbie and I took a couple of days off this week and headed to the huge(?) town of Buckatunna, Mississippi. We took our time. Spent Tuesday night in Meridian,MS. Headed down to visit Jim and Daisey Wednesday morning. Spent a couple of hours shooting the breeze and walking the nursery. Saw the area where he had all his David Austin mother bush's. Got to see how a lot of them grow. WOW!!! While we were walking and talking, I changed my order a little. Found a few roses back in a corner that I REALLY wanted. A good size Pop Warner. This baby is coming home with me. Then there were 4 large miniflora's that I all ready had but decided I would double up on them. Dr. John Dickman, Show Stopper, Cooper and Bold Ruler. Hay, these are great miniflora's and having extras won't hurt one bit. Then sure enough there was this large Babies Blush in bloom that jumped into the buggy to go home with me. Still stuck with my 4 Hannah Gordons, 1 Randy Scott, 1 Dublin, 1 Pierrine and 1 Marlon's Day. I also Decide to go with Munstead Wood for my David Austin rose. I know what the bush looks like, the bloom color and fragrance. Couldn't go wrong with it. Then we walked into the mist house with all the new mini's and miniflora's. Oh YES!!! I promised myself just 1 and I kept my promise. A new red mini named Chessies Favorite. I saw the mother bush in bloom and I was sold. After a few hour's we finally jumped into our buggy with 16 roses headed for our garden. Decided to stop in east Birmingham, AL. to miss the nasty weather that was going on in north GA. Wednesday evening. We're retired so there wasn't any big rush to get home. Besides, a vehicle full of roses with a bunch already in bloom smelled pretty darn good. But I did make one big bubu. I left my phone & camera at the house. I wanted to take pictures of Jim's operation and let every one know what it looks like. Especially all of his mother plants. I'll take some pictures over the next couple of days of the new roses and post them.

Comments (10)