SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bryony88_zone10a_england

Help planning scented roses near bench/seated area

Hi everyone, I'm new here. This forum kept on coming up with the best answers when I was Googling about roses, so I decided to post even though I'm in England rather than the US.

I have a garden bench but the border around it is a mess because of neglect and also a stone wall collapsing on it a few years ago. Now I would like to fix it and have a seating area with scented roses around and maybe lavender.

One rose which I have already is 'Felicia', which has a strong scent and pale pink blooms. I thought it could work well for this plan. I had also been considering 'Mme. Isaac Pereire' to be by the stone wall, but would these two work together? Perhaps the colours would clash badly? If so, what would be a good alternative? Or is M.I.P so good that I should ditch 'Felicia' and choose something else?

If anyone has any suggestions for roses for this situation I would be really, really grateful as I would like to plant this border a.s.a.p. and I am very bad at garden planning.

The wall is south-west facing and I'm in one of the warmest parts of the UK, it is very rare for us to go below freezing, but we don't have a very hot summer either, being in the UK. Ideally I would like the roses to repeat.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (22)