SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannies_garden54

First Adenium Rose Bloom......

This is my first bloom of the season and it's my Birthday today :)

It's named Sunshine Ray and my Granddaughter is with me all day long today :) and her nickname I gave her as a baby is "Sunshine" and her mommy's (my only daughter) middle name is Rae. The reason I purchased the Adenium.

It's on one of the ones I purchased from AdeniumRose through Ebay.......

I took soooooo many pics of it and my granddaughter together, but my daughter does not let me or anyone else put any pics of her online.

Thanks, Jeannie :)

Comments (13)

• John
    7 years ago

Happy Birthday and that is a beautiful flower.

Jeannies_Garden (Tx 9a) thanked John
  • Related Discussions

My first bloom on my first antique rose!

Q

Comments (9)
    Reines has bloomed! :) It smells so wonderful! Ingrid, I have 2 antiques and then an Easy Does It, Strike it Rich, 2 knock outs and a tea rose. First year they're all in the ground so it's taking longer for them to bloom but so much fun coming home each day and seeing what treat my garden has in store. :)
    ...See More

Adenium arabicum's first bloom...

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks Josh.Its kept indoors all year-just too cool in summer here for it to do well. Caudex up in Fairfield can get just enough real heat for them in summer. Closer to the bay,they add a few leaves,never flower. Better indoors.
    ...See More

First blooming bud of my first rose - Livin' Easy

Q

Comments (13)
    wow cool. In the morning. you can spray it with aerated compost tea. and spray with seaweed foliar feed. as long as the leaves stay dry. It looks really healthy. And you can mix up a batch of fermented alfalfa compost tea to get gangbusters blooms. Hope we can see more pictures.
    ...See More

First Blooms Of One Of My New Adeniums

Q

Comments (9)
    Mine is suppose to be close to that Eeyore94. It is suppose to be almost black. So it can range from dark purple, to well deep red, as it is now. This is its first bloom. I am told that they dont bloom the REAL color it is suppose to be, when it is 'young', so far all my new adeniums have not given me a single 'correct color'. I was suppose to get a rose like bloom on one, in red with a thin blue line around each petal, called 'Blue Dragon...'..instead it is a BLAH red,...no blue anywhere, and the seller wont do a damn thing about it...like even tell me the name of the WRONG adenium he sold me!
    ...See More
  • PoohBearLvr
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Congrats. on the bloom. How long did it take from getting it, to planting it, to get the bloom?

I am just now investing in 'rose type' adeniums, off of Ebay, Not the same company as you used. I am waiting for 'Blue Dragon' to arrive in 1-2 days, I just got 'Velvet Constellation' and 'SpiderMan' 3 days ago, potted them up and now I wait for the first leaf and blooms:)

My 'Siam Yellow' is suppose to look like that. I bought a BIG one 3 years ago, it puts out buds for me, but not 1 bud ever opened. I put a post on here asking why, no one has had an answer yet. So I have a huge plant, that puts out tons of buds, but never blooms. It should look like that. Now I've seen it, in your picture:) Thanks. What a happy surprise and so pretty!

That one came over from Thailand??? I have been to that website, and I thought you had to buy like 100 plants, to get them to ship to you. Do they sell single plants on EBay....at prices that are not out of this world? I assume it arrived in good shape, since it is blooming. How long did it take to get the plant?

Jeannies_Garden (Tx 9a) thanked PoohBearLvr
  • Jeannies_Garden (Tx 9a)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

The pic when I purchased off Ebay (left) and my Adenium (right)

Order placed on Tuesday, Feb 7, 2017 - Received on Sat, Feb
    11, 2017

The plant came in great shape with a few leaves on it and it
    was bare root. I didn’t plant it until 3 days later (it lost all leaves). I
    soaked it in “Tappin Root” mixed in water for 20 minutes and planted it in a 6
    inch pot and set in my greenhouse on a top shelf. I water all my plants using earthworm
    tea (from my earthworm factory) mixed with rain water (when available) and it
    just bloomed J

I purchased 3 total....one was a white blooming variegated :) and one is a double white named Ruffle Feather. I also went to the AdeniumRose website where I found they are a little less in price. They are also grafted Adeniums.

Thanks, Jeannie :)

• PoohBearLvr
    7 years ago

Could your adenium be 'Dazzle Thong'? I went to the eBay site that AedniumRose is selling through on EBay, and saw this adenium in bloom for sale, with that name on it. The seller was 'Azurite'..is that who you got it from?

They have like 15 adeniums for sale. 'Adeniumrose.com', is in Thailand and there prices are for like massive quantities of adeniums, like 100 at a time. And from Thailand. NOT cheap to ship to the USA.

I THINK I saw that you can buy SOME varieties, 1 of each variety that you want. But still the shipping is high. I could be wrong. But I got my 'Spider man', and saw it first on their site, listed like 3 years ago, but it was new then.

And my 'Blue Dragon', that is on its way today, I saw on there listed in their catalog last year I think. My 'Velvet Constellation' seems to be a US cross. I didnt see it in their catalogs. Anyway. Maybe 'Dazzle Thong' is its name.

Original Author
    7 years ago

I did purchase the 3 large grafted Adeniums from Ebay....The seller was Azurite, but it was mailed from Doral, Florida and it shows corporate office to be in Miami, Florida.....not in Thailand. The website is AdeniumRose.com.

I will check out their listings on Ebay to see if it's the same Adenium with a different name.

Happy Gardening, Jeannie :)

• PoohBearLvr
    7 years ago

I cant find that Thailand company that has almost the exact same name as AediumRose. I found it by chance when I was looking for 'Blue Dragon', cant find it now.

I see yours is in south Fla. just south of me. I new that yours was in Fla. I was just saying that I thought THAT company was in Thailand, and maybe they were selling a few plants out of the states.

The one in Thailand is super expensive and like I said, they want huge orders, to ship, like 100 plants at a time .

They do develop/grow/hybridize new adeniums, the new big rose like ones, and show them off on their site, thats how I found 'Blue Dragon', that I got today, from Ebay. Now I wait for my 3 adeniums to grow and put out their first blooms! :)

Original Author
    7 years ago

I emailed AdeniumRose Company and asked why they sent an Adenium that looks like Dazzle Thong (they have listed on Ebay right now) when I purchased one named Sunshine Ray(s). This was the email back to me:

Please see the images. Both flowers are very similar. The main difference is the size of the flower - Dazzle is slightly bigger. Also, one was taken in bright sunlight and the other not as bright.

Thank you and have a fantastic day!
    Mike Klein
    AdeniumRose Company LLC

• rcharles_gw (Canada)
    7 years ago

Often when we buy plants for a particular color unless the flower petal shapes are completely different, the color can vary so much. Light, humidity or lack there of, and overall conditions will alter the color or even change it from what was supposed to be Yellow to a White. A Dark Purple to a Deep Rose or Pale Purple.

Tuff buying for color unless you are actually there while it is in bloom when you purchase them, which is not usually the case for us.

I have a few that bloom differently each year or even from one blooming cycle to another.

Rick

Jeannies_Garden (Tx 9a) thanked rcharles_gw (Canada)
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I actually purchased that one for the name.....The color bloom didn't matter. I was just questioning it because poohbearlvr brought it to my attention that it may have another name (Dazzle Thong) and I didn't care for that one. The blooms are very, very similar, but my bloom is a small bloom, so maybe it is the right Adenium (Sunshine Ray(s)).....at least I hope it is. Happy Gardening, Jeannie :)

• PoohBearLvr
    7 years ago

Well I hope it is the 'right one' for you. Didnt want you to be upset about the name being possibly wrong. Every bloom has just the 'slightest difference' to it, then it is a different variety, and they can sell it as a NEW variety..

Blooms are VERY VERY hard to get exact. One camera will give you one color, another camera will give you another shade. Everyones eyes sees something just a bit different. I am hoping that the 3 I bought will be the DEEP PURPLE I expect, the Blood Red, and the Blood Red with a BLUE fringe.

I went by the pictures and descriptions and many photos of these varieties on the internet. If I get VERY close I will be happy. Since I live in the heat and hot sun that they grow in and produce the best coloring in, I think I will get the colors I am expecting. Got to stop buying now, till i see my first bloom,and get my first leaf. To see if they are as great as they look in the sales pictures. It's been one week since I planted the first 2, that arrived all striped, no leaves or blooms, I THINK I see a leaf bud swelling on a stem now. I'll know in a few more days. Then...blooms!

Original Author
    7 years ago

Lol....Who did you purchase them from? Hopefully they will be what you wanted. Happy Gardening, Jeannie :)

• PoohBearLvr
    7 years ago

I got my 3 adeniums from a seller on EBay called 'pinkanglewingherb' They are in Oregon. They have 115 different adeniums on EBay now. They are all between $16.99-$18.99, plus $9.50 shipping on the first adenium and $2 for each other adenium shipped at the same time.

Of course when I finally decided to buy my 'Blue Dragon', they ran out of stock. So I bought 2 others I wanted. I want 2 more, but money is beyond TIGHT!

I'll see how these grow, and bloom, maybe by then I'll have money to buy some more deep purple and blue ones.

So I saved $7.50 on shipping, but if I waited 1 more week, I wouldn't have had to spend another $9.50 on shipping just 1 plant.

'Blue Dragon' is in such high demand, the stock runs out fast. I didnt know how long it would take to get more up for sale. So I bought it once I saw it up for sale again, a week later! If shipping were not so high, on 1 plant, I would buy more. I know its a lot less after the first one, but that first one is not cheap.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living