SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

New Catio

Shades_of_idaho
7 years ago

I guess I will add my project here. It is for the kitties. I wanted to get their out side kennel away from my bedroom window. I built them a cat walk to get into the kennel. I also needed to reduce the roof area I need to clear of snow. too much work for me last winter.

On the left end of the cat walk I will build a small but tall cage with shelves in it and holes in one side of the shelf so kitties can climb up and down. There will be a roof on this kennel. It will not be totally enclosed except for wire. Hoping to build it 36 inches wide and 24 deep and 6 foot tall. this is i the future.

For now here is where the junk comes in. The cat walk is built of two 12 inch wide bi-fold doors. One on top one on bottom. I just painted it today and I will be adding a strip of tin to the top. I added the windows to it, junked of course, so I can still see through the cat walk out my bedroom windows. The not painted end boxes were just put together of scrap wood I had on hand to hold it all up until I get to town to get some more support brackets. Doing all of this alone I had to build helping hands for myself.

Yesterday I moved the out side kennel away from my bedroom windows. I still need to change the far panel to a solid one. I goofed and boxed myself in and could not get that panel down. Never mind. Brain Fa*t. My body is screaming at me today so I am going to take it easy. Also might be having company come tonight so I guess I need to spend a little time cleaning the house.

Cat walk.

Kennel part moved. And soon the fun comes to doll the old space up. I was too tired last night to move the pavers. I need to start all over. Sigh.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County