SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kazmom1

Layout Review and Pantry Question

kazmom
7 years ago

After some feedback from Mamagoose I revised my layout a little and would like some feedback. One specific question I had was will the corner pantry and then step down reach in pantries look odd. If budget allows I would replace the deeper reach in pantry with cabinets and counter but don't know that I will be able to.

Below is the pertinent requested info.

Family is four people - me, kids 9&12 and my mom. Usually one cook at a time but sometimes more. Often have kids in getting drinks, dishes, etc. Limited casual entertaining of small groups.

Prinary goal is to take out the peninsula and open up the tight, cramped kitchen. Reusing as many existing cabinets as possible and all appliances, total kitchen redo not financially feasible and cabinets are nice (Medallion). I need to try and keep the tall 18" cabinet to the right of the fridge because that is how it is hinged and the door can't just be flipped without having to try to fill the existing knob holes and match the stain.

Willing to move all appliances but not sink Plan to take out wall between kitchen and dining room Plan to change slider to single swing door to get more wall space.

I don't have possession of the house yet. The Gc went to the inspection with me to measure, but our plan has changed significantly since then so we don't have 100% of the measurements we need. I think the long wall could be off slightly. We will get back in and remeasure before finalizing and ordering the new cabinets.

Putting hardwood throughout this floor (currently carpet and tile).

Sink is quite a bit smaller than sink base, giving 6 or so inches on each side of actual sink.

Below is the floor floor plan, current layout and proposed. Sorry that the orientation of all the pictures isn't the same

Comments (5)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional