SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksagan

Has anyone used Viatera Soprano for their kitchen countertops?

ksagan
7 years ago

Hello, I am under deadline to make a decision on a countertop for our kitchen and need some help! We will have soft white shaker cabinets on the perimeter and a medium-brown stained island. I am interested in a softer white quartz countertop and the designer who is helping me has suggested LG Viatera Soprano. Not finding much on Houzz about it. Has anyone used Soprano in their kitchen or bathroom? If so, could you please share photos and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comments (158)

• Shane Jackson
    4 years ago

Timberlake Silk (color) cabinets

• Shane Jackson
    4 years ago

Cher, Hope this helps!

• Related Discussions

Anyone with Viatera Soprano?

Q

Comments (23)
    I'm also thinking of Soprano for my counters in the kitchen. I ordered the 6x12 and it arrives tomorrow. My lowers are Cherry wood that I bought unfinished and stained a medium Walnut. My Uppers and one whole wall where the fridge is located are all Antique White. I brought the Antique White drawer slab with me at the stone place and saw how nice it looked. I was almost going to order the Minuet, had that in mind for 2 years until last week :) hopefully this is the last major change before the kitchen actually goes in starting 1st week of December
    ...See More

Has anyone installed Lg viatera karis?

Q

Comments (68)
    Went with a tile from Menards - Mohawk® Crafted Gloss Gray 3 x 12 Ceramic Wall Tile I wanted gray tile but it took awhile to find one that worked well with the tones in Karis. Paint we went with Benjamin Moore Silver Chain (1472). Should be completed in a couple weeks. Will post pic!
    ...See More

Has anyone installed LG Viatera Aura for Kitchen Countertops?

Q

Comments (22)
    Oh, Thank you Barbara! I wasnt sure if that was Aura on the counters or not... I have the added challenge of having a collection of mid-century dinnerware called Stangl that has a creamy white base and then very colorful flowers, edging etc, displayed on my walls, but when I hold the sample cabinet door in Simply White up to it the door makes the pottery look yellow. WIth SImply white on the trim --already--it doesnt have that yellowing effect on the pottery. And the SW does not look at all yellow in my kitchen- just a soft white. Way more challenging to balance out all the elements than I thought!! Thank You for you input!
    ...See More

Has anyone use Daltile's White Sand Quartz on Kitchen countertops?

Q

Comments (0)
    Remodeling my Kitchen and can't find any pics with Daltile White Sand quartz. My cabinets will be SW Repose Gray and a White backsplash.
    ...See More
  • slewisoh
    4 years ago

Cher, be sure to get some large pieces of foam-board and try out a few different whites. Check with local DIY FB groups to see if anyone has samples of white to get rid of. I gave all of my gray samples to someone who was picking colors for a new build. They were happy to have the samples and I was happy to get them out of my house.

• Cher
    4 years ago

Thank you for the photos. Your kitchen is beautiful!

• zielin5
    4 years ago

@Cher Do you know the name of the backsplash option you showed above? I like the colors in it with the Soprano.

• Cher
    4 years ago

I got it at Home Depot:
    Mfg: MSI: 12X12 ANGORA HERRINGBONE 10MM-EA

SKU 1003159903

• Le-ann Cumming
    4 years ago

I have light cherry cabinets and installed vitera soprano quartz and now trying to decide between installing glossy white medium or large subway tile for the backsplash. Any tipS?

• Shane Jackson
    4 years ago

I'm sure the white will look fine with it. Bring home a sample and put it up against it to see if you like it. I chose an ivory colored backsplash.

• Lois Barber
    4 years ago

I am also interested in soprano, but want to check out Muse and Minuet. The only sample I have is Soprano and just like real stone, I guess the sample you get does not reflect what the whole slab will look like. My sample has very pale gray veining in it. I was surprised to see such dark veining in some of the photos.

• vadkisson
    4 years ago

I just saw Viatera Soprano today and really liked it. Your comments have been SO helpful!

• diyher
    4 years ago

@Cher I also used Sherwin Williams Dover White for my wood trim and I painted the half wall counter/table the Dover white. It's creamy white, not stark, but less of the warmer Antique white.

This was early 2018 before the counter Soprano counter was installed on it.

I also spray painted a kitchen table base that was a yellowy maple color and used the Dover White on that and the table skirt. I sanded the top wood area and stained it the antique Walnut that matches my base cabinets.

counter on half wall · More Info

• Cher
    3 years ago

Finally, almost a year later I am pretty much finished my kitchen. The only thing I didn't do that I still have second thoughts on is having the "gold" hardware. I put a goldtone in and it just didn't look right. LOVED it in photos on Pinterest and Houzz but didn't translate well in my kitchen for some reason. So disappointed, but thought I would post photos for those that wondered which backsplash might look nice with Soprano. Background: I had brown wood cabinets that I had painted 'White Dove' and I built out my builder grade island to look more substantial. I wanted a softer look for my kitchen and the Soprano (which I wasn't sure about in the selection process) ended up being the perfect choice for me. Next up...lighting fixtures...

TILE:

Home Depot 2x2 Grecian White mosaic

Pencil molding edge: Lowes 291378 Venatino marble pencil tile 828492206003

BEFORE: (You can see I was in the process of building up my island)

• Linda M
    3 years ago

Wow!!! Amazing!!! You coordinated the colors beautifully. I know how hard it is to match Soprano. The white kitchen look is gorgeous. You transformed your kitchen so beautifully!

• Lisa Amos
    3 years ago

Shane did your island seam require a seam? If so how did it come out?

• diyher
    3 years ago

Viatera's Soprano

Viatera Soprano quartz counters · More Info

• Lisa Amos
    3 years ago

Beautiful!

• J Groff
    3 years ago

We just put in the Viatera Soprano Quartz—and I love it! diyher your post helped me (finally) make a decision, so thank you! The bottom 2 pictures show where we started.
    We are planning on painting our cabinets and replacing our hardwood with white oak. I’m struggling to decide on cabinet color. All of our woodwork is painted in SW Antique White but I think it will read more yellow if all the cabinetry is that color. I think SW Dover White or maybe SW Creamy. What do you think?

• Cher
    3 years ago

J Groff: Your backsplash looks wonderful with the Soprano! Huge improvement over the previous counter/backsplash.

• User
    3 years ago

diyher J Groff -- oh wow, that's pretty! just what I will be looking for when I redo my counters. do you need to worry about staining with this material? we cook a lot of "stainy" food.

• J Groff
    3 years ago

BF—so far it’s great! Supposedly, quartz doesn’t stain so fingers crossed!

• rdhgirl1
    3 years ago

J Groff, the backsplash looks great, do you know the name of it?

• diyher
    3 years ago

@J Groff I chose Dover white for our ceiling paint, and the semi gloss in Dover White for our woodwork. I have Antique white for the cabinets and for us, we have so much light in the kitchen, that it doesn't really look yellow like I've seen some. Have had it 2 1/2 years. Glad you like the counters. Your kitchen looks nice

• diyher
    3 years ago

@User no staining what so ever. I've spilled blackberries, mustard, coffee, tomato sauce et al, sometimes it sat on the counter longer than I had noticed. Just wipe it up with water, most times no soap even needed.

• User
    3 years ago

thanks! follow up question: has anyone here heard any warnings about lighter colors yellowing from UV exposure?

I've been recently reading about this potential issue with manmade quartz, because the base material is epoxy resin. just wondering if anyone knows if this is a problem for this specific brand.

• jhmarie
    3 years ago

ILoveMod - I have had an LG viatera countertop (White Pearl) for 4 years. I do get morning sunlight through my older kitchen window and directly on the countertop around the sink. I have no yellowing of my countertop - so far all is good. My single pane window dates back to 1970's - only one that has not been replaced since then, so it is no great window:)

• CD
    3 years ago

I’m looking at Soprano too. I have SW Alabaster white cabinets, and have been trying to decide between Soprano and Cambria Ironsbridge.

I don’t have a local showroom that has the full slab of Soprano that I can see in person. Can someone describe the tones to me? Is the base a warm grey?

• Lisa Amos
    3 years ago

Soprano is a creamy white with soft gray in the back ground and the veining is soft with taupe tones to it. I had it installed a month or so ago and love it. It’s definitely warmer tones. My cabinets are darker wood cabinets and it looks great. I read a lot of reviews before I chose this one and it sounds like it takes on the colors you pair with it. The pattern is very soft and not over bearing.

• Linda M
    3 years ago

CD, I just looked online at Cambria Ironsbridge. It looks like the same color tone as Soprano. Difference is pattern. The sales person described Soprano as "Clouds" and "Water Bubbles" Very soft and not harsh veining. There is definitely a pattern with Soprano.-- but it's subtle. I've been very happy with Soprano.

• CD
    3 years ago

Thanks! My concern now is that I may not be able to see the full slab until my fabricator purchased it. I’ve only been able to find showrooms that just have sample sizes. I’m almost considering just to purchase Soprano based on the sample - is that a bad idea??

• Lisa Amos
    3 years ago

That’s what I did and I’m very happy. I did look at Houzz on a few threads with pictures and that helped me to decide. I was nervous but it worked out.

• Linda M
    3 years ago

Me too . . . bought based on small sample. It's not white and not almond. My backsplash is subway tile in bone. I had to search to find right match --- there are some great backsplash ideas on this thread. Very muted color. Not stark. The pictures are accurate.

• Christine Horton
    3 years ago

Hi, I too chose the soprano counters with soft white cabinets. I am looking for ideas for a tile backsplash to coordinate. Does anyone have any pictures to share?

• J F
    3 years ago

Hi- I’m considering soprano as well. Looks beautiful! I read reviews from Home Depot for LG quartz on the web and there are some complaints about chipping. Has anyone had problems with this? How about using crockpots or instant pots on the surface. Risky or ok?

• Lois Barber
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I am refreshing my kitchen. I put in white kitchen cabinets 16 years go, so they are no longer a bright white. I had my heart set on white subway time and Viatera Lumina, but the sales girl told me the different whites would clash, and she was right. I am going with a dove gray smaller subway tile, and I think it will look awesome! I'll post a photo when it's all done. soft gray tiles might look good as a backsplash or suprano as well. Here's lumina https://www.lghausysusa.com/viatera/color/view.do?pid=2020011515261101081 The subway tile color is pearl Gloss and they are made by a company called WOW, and made in Spain. https://www.wowdesigneu.com/lisoM.php $9 something per square foot.

• jhmarie
    3 years ago

JF - I have had my LG Viatera quartz countertop for 4+ years and no chips. Mine is 3 cm thick all the way through. I noticed my neighbors LG countertop is thinner - more like 2 cm.

• J F
    3 years ago

Hi all, I am liking all the pictures and all waiting for my sample of Soprano to arrive. I was wondering if you picked 2 or 3m width? In my area only
    2 cm is available and I’m trying to decide whether to do a built up laminated edge. I’m in CA. I’d love to see pictures too if you haven’t posted yours...So I can get a sense of what the diff widths look like.

• J Groff
    3 years ago

@rdhgirl1 I bought our tile from Tile Bar online. it is a 2x20 polished ceramic tile. The color is Carolina Fog. I absolutely love it! We cut the tiles down to 8 inches and did a herringbone pattern.

• J F
    3 years ago

We got our sample! I haven’t been able to see it installed or in a slab. It’s growing on me. It has more movement and detail in person than I could get in photos.

• J F
    3 years ago

That’s our flooring and a sample cabinet door...

• Lisa R
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Does Soprano come off looking more white with oak cabinets? That’s what I’m hoping...does anyone have pics of Soprano with oak?

• Tl Howard
    2 years ago

I am still debating, Today, after discounting it each time I saw it online, I saw a countertop in a kitchen at Lowe's recently done in Silestone's Lusso.

I happened to have my cabinet sample with me--Schrock's "Coconut," a milky/warm white, no starkness, no yellow either. (Schrock is one of the Masterbrand companies . They own Kemper and Diamond as well so if anyone has done business with Diamond at Lowe's, you are probably familiar with Coconut. )

I happened to put my cabinet next to Lusso and I was struck by how great it looked. The background of Lusso as some light gray and more milky white than my Soprano sample has. The small veining that I didn't like in Lusso online was not at all "in your face." The island and perimeters came off as milky white surfaces with faint grays and small veins of varying colors. And, they had used a basic white (not bone, but not bright white) subway tile that was beautiful. My cabinet door looked better with the quartz than the white color they had used.

Now, I'm debating. I guess I'll order a sample Lusso. I can get a much better deal using Silestone and Silestone has a very good reputation.

The problem I have with choosing Soprano is that I can't find anywhere around that has a large slab of Soprano. All I have is the 12" x 6" piece I ordered from the company, and while everyone says it's bone in places, creamy in others, I just see swirls of a color I can't describe on a light grayish base. I can only assume that in a large piece, it appears as "whitish."

Anyone try out Lusso samples if you have milky white cabs?

BTW, I am so jealous of those of you who are almost done with this process or almost done. Whew! I'm too old for this. LOL.

• kcoqsmom
    2 years ago

This is soprano. Does this picture help you? Also, I would go to a quartz fabricator to see a large slab in person. Good luck!

• kcoqsmom
    2 years ago

• Tl Howard
    2 years ago

Thank you very much for the picture, kcoqsmom. It's lovely. I have tried to find a place that has a large slab on display. No luck. I have decided that the Soprano offers a very pretty contrast to my choice of Coconut milky white cabs, but I know from reading Houzz just how hard it is to find a subway tile that does it justice/co-ordinates with it. Thus, I was considering going to whole way and putting it as a backsplash too, but then I wondered if the basic greyish base (light gray, to be sure, but gray nonetheless,) placed vertically now as a backsplash, would somehow say, "I am not a complement to these milk white cabinets."

• Tl Howard
    2 years ago

I see pictures also from Shane from about a years ago. I love the idea of a herringbone white subway tile with Soprano.

Does anyone know what tile color/ manufacturer she used?

• Lisa R
    2 years ago

Watch out with Soprano as it is actually ivory, nor white, we almost picked because one stores sample looked whiter than another’s.

• Shane Jackson
    2 years ago

@TI Howard, the subway tile is Daltile Rittenhouse Square 3x6 in biscuit with glossy

• Tl Howard
    2 years ago

Thank you, Shane, very much. I'll check that out. Your kitchen is beautiful.

• Tl Howard
    2 years ago

Yes, Lisa R. The Viatera website does categorize Soprano as Ivory and my sample does have ivory plus a color that is whiter than ivory along with beigy grays. I

I think looking on Houzz is very helpful, but we all know the dangers of computer monitors as far as color is concerned and we know that both natural and artificial light cause changes in the color of all light quartzes.

For instance, I read a blogger's story of how she re-did her kitchen with creamy white cabinets in Soprano. I'm sure most of you who are/were interested in Soprano read it as well and saw her pictures. In fact, Viatera actually uses HER pictures on their website as examples of Soprano. In fact, the pics DO show Soprano as "creamy white." She kept her previous backsplash but replaced all counters and the island with Soprano:

https://kelleynan.com/cream-kitchen-update-modern-transitional/

However, another illustration of Soprano is shown on a countertop and island as well as a backsplash, next to white cabinets, and THIS is Soprano as well:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/serenbe-2016-kitchen-atlanta-phvw-vp~92303246

What's a person to think when she sees the same quartz in these two kitchens?

It has to be the camera and the light. Right?

• Maria Musillo
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

This post was really helpful when I was trying to figure out countertop and backsplash which were probably the biggest struggle for me. So wanted to pay it forward by adding my photos and thoughts to help the next person maybe figure out what they want to do (or what not to do, its all good!). I might miss replies so going to include a lot of details in case anyone had a follow-up question.

Counter: LG Hausys / LX Hausys Viatera Soprano 3cm with eased edge

Sample: I got one of the 12"x6" slab samples directly from LG Hausys / LX Hausys and yes I think it accurately reflected the finished countertop that was installed. I didn't get a smaller sample so can't speak to that. Would recommend getting a big sample if you can, it also helped a lot to be able to bring it to stores to look at backsplash tile.

Seam: I did get a seam and they told me it was by the sink but I wasn't watching when they installed and I can't for the life of me see or feel it so all good as far I'm concerned. :-) It would have been $800+ more to not have a seam and I'm very glad that I didn't spend that money.

Color: Would second what others have said that its more ivory or creamy/milky than white with swirls of grey and beige.

Quality: Have only had it for a week so can't say how it does with chips or anything over a long period of time but so far so good.

Backsplash: I was definitely really happy with my countertop selection, but finding a backsplash tile was definitely a challenge. I wanted a backsplash that blended in with countertop more or less and a lot of the white tiles I looked at were overpowering since countertop is not as white. I went with Canvas La Belle Purity 3x12 tile with ceramic liner (quarter round) for edges. Grout was Polyblend #11 Snow white\. Tile was also available in 2x4 brick, hexagon, penny tile (though I think the penny and maybe hexagon tiles brought in other colors as well).

My tile runner up was Park Hill Monumental Mist 4x12 (also in 3x6, and has bullnose options as well). It was a little lighter than what I went with. I maybe even preferred it but since my tile guy was ready to go I didn't want the hassle of having to order this online (Tile Bar) and went for the Canvas tile instead since I was able to get at Floor & Decor.

Park Hill Monumental Mist 3x6 sample below but you really need to see the samples yourself - the actual backsplash looks darker in this picture than it does in the other photos and in real life!

Misc:

Cabinets - Kraftmaid Thornton Maple in Peppercorn Suede

Floor - Travisano Trevi 12x12 & 6x6 with Bone grout

Faucet - Moen Kaden

Sink - Kraus Undermount 20in KBU15

Ceiling Light - Geary 3-Light Burnt Sienna Semi-Flush Mount Convertible Pendant

Appliances - All GE, they were purchased by previous owner.