SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momo_mochi

Help: All of my indoor tomato seedlings are dying

Momo Mochi
7 years ago

I've been growing vegetables for the past few years, and recently I've moved to Michigan. This is my first time starting summer vegetable seedlings indoors (I grew them in an outdoor cold frame before). Everything is growing really well, except for the tomatoes.

I've so far planted Black Krim, Black Cherry, Glacier, Siberian, Yellow Pear and Red Currant in two separate batches.

I'm really sad to say that none of them is doing well at all. They will germinate fine, but after a while the leaves turn purple-ish red and curl, and start to wither from bottom to top.

I grow them under a T5 4ft grow light with 40k lumens, around 12-14 hours a day.

I give them a liquid 4-6-6 fertilizer once a week in half strength, and the potting mix also contains some organic fertilizer (3-4-4) and lime.

I am not really sure if this is early blight, or some kind of fungal issue as the ventilation isn't the best in this room. I only open the window every so often, and am not using any fan or anything in the area.

I've attached pictures below hoping that someone could point out to me what I might be doing wrong. Thanks so much in advance.

Comments (5)