SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
topazjewel

Let's help my friend with her kitchen

topazjewel
7 years ago

Hi, I've been reading these forums for years planning for when I can remodel my kitchen. In that time I've seen so many difficult kitchen become improved with the help of people in this group.

Now I have a friend that is getting ready to remodel her kitchen and she's agreed to let me post her kitchen here to see if anyone has suggestions to make her kitchen more functional. She's lived with this kitchen for more than 10 years and other than a small island and it being to close to the oven she doesn’t mind the kitchen.

The kitchen is in a two adult house, there is usually only one person cooking and only one person in a kitchen at a time. My friend loves cooking and spends a lot of time cooking from scratch. She also likes to entertain but it's informal. On the whole house plan you can see a dining room/ living room but that is currently used as a quilting studio and that is the plan for the space in the future. She is doing a main floor remodel which will include all new floors, painting, the kitchen, and possibly raising the sunken floors.

Needs:

- The island needs to stay as that's where all the prep work is done. She would like it increased to 3’ x 5’.

- She would like a wider aisle between the stove and island.

- She would like to make the fridge wall be more functional, she’s willing to rip it all out and start over.

- A pantry and a broom closet are important

- Seating in the kitchen is important preferably at a table.

- She would like the cabinets to go all the way to the ceiling.

Wants

- She would like to get rid of the microwave over the stove.

- She'd like a range hood.

- She'd like to keep the same appliance sizes, there is an electric range and that can stay the same. I'm hoping to talk her into induction.

- She is function over form.

Thanks for your time.

Comments (16)