SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
price_blalock

Transparent leaves - Morning glory assistance

7 years ago

Finally decided to join and post questions.

Background:

I have an area of my yard that is a morning glory haven. I don't do anything to it other than string up some tie wire to give it some direction. Sometimes is listens. Sometimes it spreads everywhere and makes me cry.

Problem:

This year, as the vines sprouted, everything looked great. Probably hundreds. As they grew in size, I am noticing thinned leaves and some holes.

Can anyone help me with steps to identify the problem and guide me through a way to resolve it?

I have not seen, or been able to find, any bugs. Doesn't mean that they are there, but I just have not seen them.

Personal issues:

I'm kinda new at gardening. Maybe 3 years in. I started with ground that you couldn't break with a shovel. Hard, dry, texas clay completely covered with shade. I now have an abundant garden full of worms, owls, birds, and landscaping. We even have regular Hawks as visitors. But, I don't know terms, bugs, how to feed, danger signs, or basically anything other than what I've learned from trial and error. I just like to smile when I have butterflies and I love the response from the wildlife.

Comments (2)