SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
handmethathammer

Painting natural wood cabinets....need opinions, I know you have them.

7 years ago

We have a little bit of money in our tax return. After going down a winding road of what to do with it, I got the Mister to agree to hiring someone to paint our kitchen cabinets.

This is my kitchen. It is nice. Our house is only 6 years old and the cabinets are maple.

But I have always preferred the look of painted wood. This kitchen is at one end of an open concept layout, so there is wood for as far as the eye can see.

Here is the debate. From the first time I saw it, I loved colored cabinets. Loved them. I have things like this in my idea book. This spells happy and fun to me, except you have to add my beige laminate countertop to it for the next 10 years.

Kitchens · More Info

Or I could go with the more traditional white, which would still look good and be the "safe" choice, if the safe choice would be something that is supposedly going out of style.

So, go with your heart, or your head? Looking at these pictures, I realize I will need new pulls as well. Am I going to go down another road with this? I feel dizzy with all the projects. We started with thinking about wall paint, went to counters that were too expensive, now to cabinets.

Comments (28)