SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emma_yang

Master bath design/renovation ideas, help needed

Emma Yang
7 years ago

Here is the current floor plan for my master bedroom. And I need some brilliant ideas to make this better.

There are two things that are the most weird.

1. The closet 1 is not fully open. The partial wall is blocking part of the closet, and each time I need to reach the inside, I need to work my way in there.

2. there is a door to the toilet and the walk-in shower. And the toilet is sitting more towards the walk-in shower whereas it should've been sitting more towards the wall.

My personal preference is to have a nice tub to soak in as I love hot tubs (I do have a tub in another bathroom, but that tub is too shallow and needs to be renovated, also, my guests are using that tub for most of the time and I have limited access to it).

Also, for investment purpose, it would be better to have a double sink vanity. And I was thinking of the Gormorgan series from Ikea.

Questions:

1. Will it look good if I tear down the two partial walls, get rid of the door, and build a new double sink vanity against the closet wall on the left, then make closet 1 a smaller storage/closet type of space.

2. Will this space allow a double sink vanity, a bath tub and a small walk in shower? (measurements are shown in the picture, and I am just not sure if the three will be cramped)

3. What will be your guess for the budget for the labor and material cost?

Thanks for your advice!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm