SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kclanto

Rough Draft of Building Plans - Thoughts?

Katie M
7 years ago

We have been wanting to build for years and our dream is finally becoming a reality. We are hoping to start in November, after fall harvest. Our property is 26.8 acres with an already built in access road. The house will be facing Southwest as our view from open Kitchen/Dining/Great Room will be of our 2 acre pond. We are having it graded with engineer for the walkout area but after looking at our property feels its perfect for walkout. We will also have an unfinished walkout basement(we will finish on our own). I am attaching pics of the house but there will be few changes such as 3 car garage will be on opposite side and I took off the sides of the wrap porch to make more room inside the plan and the small alcove will be gone as well to make it a uniform square. I am still up the air about kitchen layout and will post in kitchens when I get some more ideas. The stair case will be for the 1/2 upstairs which is the 2 bedrooms/bath/game room for our 13 and 10 year old boys. I realize this is a really rough draft, we are in the process of working with an engineer friend for our plans. Thanks for any advice before we finalize everything. My main wishes are to keep the GR(which has 18" vaulted ceilings not listed) Kitchen & dining open.

The width is 45.5 and depth 42(without the 30x30 garage)

Comments (21)