SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyssa

Installing Undermount Sink -- 30" ok for 30" Cabinet?

Tyssa Black
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Looking to install a double bowl undermount sink beneath a quartz countetop. The sink cabinet is 30" (28.75" inside width).
Is it possible to install a 30" stainless steel double bowl undermount sink within my cabinet?

My 30" sink cabinet has an inside width of 28.75". From the following undermount sink diagram below you will see the sink has a basin width of 28" (13.5 + 1 + 13.5), enough to slide into the cabinet, with 1" overhang lip on the left and right. This lip would rest overtop the top of the cabinet.

The #s look good for this approach, dont you agree?

UPDATE: The following photos were found online of someone who had the same idea. Notice he has the 30" undermount laying overtop his cabinet edges. Then in second pic he lays the countertop. I'm trying to understand what is the problem with this approach if the #s add up for my 30" cabinet with 28.75" inner width. Cant i do the same thing without worry? Is there some problem i'm missing here? For the record i'd still be using undermount clips/clamps along the front and backside of the sink to secure it to the bottom of the quartz countertop, just not along the left and right side which are sandwiched between the cabinet ledge and the underside of the countertop.

Comment (1)